Nazwa jednostki: Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw (UKSW), Faculty of History – Warsaw,
Nazwa stanowiska: PhD student,
– Master’s degree in archaeology and/or ancient Near Eastern studies;
– experience in the field of archaeology, with preference in Mesopotamian/Near Eastern archaeology;
– interest in the field of Mesopotamia, religion, materiality, sacred spaces, dedicated objects in antiquity, landscape archaeology, GIS;
– very good knowledge of English;
– ability to work independently and as a part of the team;
– good organization of work, reliability and independence in performing duties;
– strong motivation to work;
NCN scholarships may be awarded to a person who meets any of the following criteria:
a) is a student of a full-time first or second-cycle degree programme or uniform Master’s studies at a university in Poland;
b) is a participant in a doctoral programme (Within the meaning of the Act on Higher Education of 27 July 2005);
c) is a doctoral candidate at a doctoral school (Within the meaning of the Act on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018);
Opis zadań (Duties):
The PhD candidate will help insert data and add dedicated objects evidencing material religious practices in Mesopotamia, into a relevant database, with a focus on the first millennium. They will be encouraged to give talks and papers to disseminate and communicate their research results. They will also contribute to the publication of the research results. The research interests of the PhD student should be closely linked to the project theme. They should be a team-player and willing to take an active part in the scientific life of the Institute of Archaeology. The successful candidate will become a member of the team of Assistant Professor Dr Christina Tsouparopoulou, the PrincipaI Investigator of the project.
Typ konkursu NCN: OPUS – HS
Termin składania ofert (Expiration date): 13 listopada 2023, 23:59 (13 November 2023, 23:59)
Forma składania ofert (Form of submitting documents): email
Warunki zatrudnienia (Conditions of employment):
– The subject of the competition is a scholarship grant in the amount of PLN 4,000 gross per month;
– Implementation period for the tasks: 24 months with the possibility to extend for a further 18 months;
– The winner of the competition will be included in the work of the team of Ass. Prof. Dr Christina Tsouparopoulou;
Applications will be considered by the Recruitment Committee.
The Recruitment committee evaluates the applications of the candidates in accordance with the criteria set out in the NCN SCHOLARSHIP REGULATIONS IN RESEARCH PROJECTS FUNDED BY THE NATIONAL SCIENCE CENTER and awards a research scholarship to one candidate.
Dodatkowe informacje o projekcie (Project description):
The project focuses on highlighting the lived experience of religion of the multi-cultural and multi-ethnic communities of historic Mesopotamia (modern-day Iraq, NE Syria & neighbouring regions) throughout three millennia (3000-539BC). It aims to highlight the effect of the tempo-spatial diversity of religious practice; explore how different individuals communicated with the divine through material culture and sacred space; investigate how dedications relate to broader socio-political events, and consequently generate a comprehensive history of religious dedicatory practice in the long historical Mesopotamian trajectory.
Wymagane dokumenty (Required documents):
– A copy of the MA diploma or other document confirming the award of the degree, to be provided at latest at the time of signing the employment contract;
– CV in English (containing information about research relevant experience);
– A cover letter in English describing their relevant experience and interest in the project;
– Names and contact details (email, phone number) of two referees;
– A form signed by the candidate on the processing of personal data, to include the following text:
“I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in my application for the purposes necessary to carry out the recruitment process conducted by the Institute of Archaeology, Faculty of Historical Sciences, Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw (UKSW), in accordance with Art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (GDPR)”
Please submit the required documents via email to c.tsouparopoulou (at) uksw.edu.pl quoting reference NCN OPUS HS PhD.
Candidates will be informed about the results via email.
For any further information on the position and the project, candidates are welcome to contact the PI of the project directly at c.tsouparopoulou (at) uksw.edu.pl
Data dodania ogłoszenia: 6 listopada 2023 (6 November 2023).